In one of my previous post I mentioned how to clean the SharePoint 2010 web application before upgrade to SharePoint 2013.
In this post, I will explain what Information in required from SharePoint 2010 Farm during the SharePoint 2013 upgrade planning.
The following information need to be capture from your existing SharePoint 2010 Farm.
- Number of web application
- Number of Site collection under each web application
- Number of sites
- Number of databases and sizes
- Number of users
- Alternative access mapping setting
- Web application settings (General settings, resource throttling settings, Permissions etc…)
- Web Authentication provider and authentication mode that is being used
- Managed Paths
- Quota templates
- SSL Certificates
- Incoming and outgoing email settings
- Self-service site settings
- Customisation (solutions, Packages etc